Persuasive Technology (PT) is a vibrant interdisciplinary research field, focusing on the design, development and evaluation of interactive technologies aimed at changing users’ attitudes or behaviors through persuasion and social influence, but not through coercion or deception. Persuasive technologies are used to change peoples behavior in various domains such as healthcare, sustainability, education or marketing.
The 11th international conference on Persuasive Technologies will be held in the heart of Europe, in the beautiful city of Salzburg, Austria. After the huge success in 2015 in Chicago the annual conference comes back to Europe. We are proud that we will be part of a great success story which lead the conference to exquisite sites such as Padua, Sydney, Linköping, Columbus, Copenhagen, Claremont, Oulu, Palo Alto, and Eindhoven.
The conference will bring together young and senior researchers as well as colleagues and friends from industry who are working in the field persuasive technologies. As a community we aim at enriching peoples lives in various domains by supporting their personal goals to change their behavior.
The conference theme for PT-16 is Contextual Persuasion: Supporting Life Situations and Challenges by Persuasive Design. With the conference theme for PT-16 being "Contextual Persuasion“, we emphasize the situatedness of interactions. How are interactions with persuasive technologies influenced by spatial, temporal, social, or individual conditions? How can we analyze and design for specific contexts or conditions? We will put emphasis on special target groups (e.g. children with anxiety disorders, adults with obesity, etc.) and stimulate the audience with potential technologies (e.g. platforms such as the Health Suite Digital Platform, the use of advanced sensing technologies such as NeuroSky devices, etc.).
The scope of the conference includes (but is not limited to) the following topics:
- Theory of persuasive technologies
- Cognition and persuasive technology
- Design of persuasive technologies
- Persuasive systems, interfaces, visualization
- HCI issues in persuasive technology
- Behavior change support systems
- Socially Influencing Systems
- Tailored and personalized persuasive systems
- Mobile, pervasive and ubiquitous persuasion
- Persuasion through gamification
- Persuasion in social technology
- Evaluation and validation of persuasive applications
- Technical infrastructures and intelligent systems for persuasion
- Smart environments and persuasion
- Habit change, social practices and cultural values
- Ethical aspects of persuasive technology
- Political and cultural consequences of persuasive technology
- Persuasive technology and religion
- Persuasive technologies for healthy living
- Persuasive technologies for a sustainable environment
- Persuasive technologies in learning and training
- Persuasive applications for marketing and commerce
- Empowering technology for organizations and work environments
- Mass persuasion and interactive technologies
PT-16 is hosted by the Center for Human-Computer Interaction / Department of Computer Sciences at the University of Salzburg in close cooperation with the with the Business Unit Technology Experience (Innovations Systems Department) at AIT Austrian Institute of Technology.
Meet you in Salzburg in 2016!